Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Art

This project was inspired by another blog post on how to make a hair bow. I read the tutorial and thought, "Hey, that would be so cute using scrapbook paper!" I made one flower using the directions for the hair bow, but that didn't work out well, so I changed the method just a bit to get the perfect flower.

To make the flower you will need:
8 strips of paper 4" x 1/2"
8 strips of paper 3" x 1/2"
Card stock circle ( I used a piece punched with a 1 3/8 circle punch)

Glue the cut ends of the paper together. Loop them over but don't crease. I used Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive and used clothes pins to keep the ends together until they dried. Glue the longer pieces around the outside edge of the card stock circle.

Glue the smaller pieces on top in between the other loops. Use a glue dot to secure a button on top.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sewing Projects

I got several sewing projects done recently. One for me and two for my daughter.

 This is the Little Ruffle Skirt from Carolina Fair Designs. I found the fabric in the remenat bin at the fabric store and I just happened to have a green t-shirt in the scrap bin that matched perfectly for the ruffle. Yeah repurposing!

I also repurposed a pair of my daugher's jeans with a big hole in the knee. I wanted to make a pair of jean shorts, but didn't want the ragged edge, so I trimed the legs with strips of fabric. The strips are wrapped to the inside with the edges turned under and top stitched.

Finally, I made a draw string skirt for myself. I followed the basic instructions found here.

I am sharing this at:


Monday, April 4, 2011

Big Bold Cupcake

It's been a while since I used my Big Bold Cupcake die, so I thought I'd pull it out for a fun birthday card. The patterned paper on the card is from the Sweet Life Photo Mat Pad by Ki Memories. It was one of those things I just had to have when I first saw it, but have used only a few sheets. The colors are so bright and fun, I really should use it more often!

I didn't have anyone specific in mind when I made this card, but I think I will give this to our neighbor for her 3rd birthday which is coming up soon.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Sewing Project

I've been into making some clothes lately and thought I would share one of my recent projects with you. I have been making some really simple skirts for me and my daughter. This is the first one I made for my daughter. I loved the fabric so much that I went back and bought more to make a skirt for me. I ended up making two skirts for her and two wrap skirts for me in one weekend. I just recently bought some more fabric to make a few more skirts. I'll share those projects when I get them finished.

I used this tutorial from To Sew With Love to make the skirt. She calls it a 15 minute skirt, but it took me a bit longer than that. That may be because I had an "assistant" while making mine!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

So many cupcakes, so little time

Mom let me borrow the new cupcake punch from Stampin' Up! and I had a great time creating a couple of cards with it.

My first card was, of course, on the girly side so I made myself create another using colors that I could use to send to a guy. I changed it up a bit by using a different greeting and changing the rhinestones to buttons. For some reason, rhinestones just don't say "guy" to me, ya know?

By the way, most of the cards I've shown lately have been inspired by my Color Coach. I find a color combo I like and then pick the stamp set and design the layout.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Birthday

We recently went to a friend's son's birthday party. We don't do birthday gifts for kids. Instead we make a donation to a charity in the child's name, but I did make him a card. This one is pretty basic, but I love the way it turned out. I used several sizes of circle punches, my mat pack, brads and a rub-on from Stampin' Up!'s Bday Party Rub-ons.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Baby Cards

Several people I know are having babies this summer, so I decided I'd get ahead of the game and make some baby cards. These both ended up a bit on the girly side. Which means I still need to make a few more because at least one family isn't going to find out the sex and one hasn't decided if they want to find out, so I've still got to make some neutral/boy cards.