Monday, February 4, 2008

Stamping Projects

I am not so patiently awaiting my friend in Brown (aka: the UPS man). I already know what I want to do with some of the new toys he is bringing me, but until he arrives, I thought I would share the projects I made when my friend Sam came over to stamp on Friday.

First, I made a bookmark for my friend Lindsey from my parenting group. Lindsey lent me the book for our book club, so I made her a bookmark as a thank you. The card stock is folded with two magnets inside so that you can clip the bookmark to the page and it won't fall out. The only problem is that I have a tendency to return my library books with the bookmark still in the book! Well, there are a few people in town who have a really nice bookmark with an E on it! Supplies for this project: Regal Rose and Naturals White card stock; Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, Almost Amethyst and Chocolate Chip classic ink; Polka Dots & Petals and Letterpress Alphabet (sadly this one is retired, but I just can't let it go).


My next project was a scrapbook page. The idea came from the Stampin' Up! demos website which is loaded with project ideas for us. I changed the supplies a little, mostly the colors since the original was for a boy. I read a post on another stamping blog about not hording stamping stuff and I am guilty of that so I decided to dust off the On Board Simon Upper letters that I won as a prize at Stampin' Up! Convention in July. I hadn't even opened the package yet! I used my Crop-A-Dial to punch a hole in the K and used a Ice Rhinestone Brad. (Can I just say that I LOVE the CAD! It punches through the On Board chipboard like it was a piece of paper.) Other supplies I used were:

Stamps: Nursery Necessities and Canvas Background

Card Stock: Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Kraft and Whisper White

Classic Ink: Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana and Regal Rose

Accessories: On Board Simon Upper, Ice Rhinestone Brads, Star and Corner Rounder Punches, Almost Amethyst and Certainly Celery Prints Designer Series Paper, Crafter's Tool Kit

No comments: