Saturday, March 22, 2008

What can you do with a Simply Scrappin' Kit? Part 1

First, let me apoligize for my long absence. I need to get into a better habit of posting. I have -GASP- not been stamping for the last few weeks. Most of my spare time has been taken up with planning a camping trip for my Brownie Troop.

As you can see this is the first in a series of posts about projects made with Simply Scrappin' Kits, so keep coming back to see more of what you can make! I love these kits and you can do much more than just scrapbook pages with them. Each kit comes with:

2 Patterns of double sided Designer Paper (12x12)-3 sheets each

4 Colors Textured Cardstock (12x12)-2 sheets each

3 Sheets of Adhesive Die-Cuts-2 of each sheet

I decided to challnge myself to see how many things I can make with one Simply Scrappin' Kit. I bought the Crew Kids Girl Kit and I have been working hard to use up all of the supplies in the kit. I have made several projects already, but I still have a lot of stuff left!

Here is the first project I made with the Kit. I used the On Board Book Basics to create a picture frame. I trimmed the designer paper that was in the kit to fit the Book Basics (I don't remember the size, but Stampin' Up! is sweet enough to include the dimensions with the Book Basics pieces!) I used my SU! glue sticks to glue the Designer Paper to the Book Basics. (Be generous with your glue!) After the glue had dried for a while I sanded the edges with my Sanding Blocks and went to town decorating my frame with the Textured Cardstock and Die-Cuts in my Kit.


To make my two Book Basics pieces into a frame I punched holes with my Crop-A-Dile and tied Double Stitched Wasabi Ribbon through the holes. The only other accessory I used was a Silver Brad in the center of my flower.

No comments: