Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Evolution of a Card

I wanted to make some birthday cards that were not necessarily masculine, but at least gender neutral. I was inspired by this card, but as I was working I decided to make a few changes. I wanted to make several of these cards, since we have a big family and I send (okay, try to send)everyone a card, so I didn't use glitter. Then I decided that I only wanted to use the birthday cake stamp from the stamp set. I tried using three cakes, but that was a little much.

So, here is what I came up with:
















I ran out of the argyle patterned paper, so here is one I made using some another design in the East Coast Prep Paper:















Stampin' Supplies:

Bitty Birthday
East Coast Prep DSP
Real Red, Basic Black, More Mustard, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi Textured and Whisper White cardstock
Real Red, More Mustard, Tempting Turquoise and Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Markers
Red Gingham Ribbon
Jet Black Staz-on
1 1/4 in, 1 in a 3/4 in Circle Punches

No comments: