Friday, May 30, 2008

One more scrapbook page

Where has this week gone? I cannot believe it's Friday already. Part of my week went to working on end of the year paperwork for my Girl Scout troop. I had to fill out our troop financial report and let me tell you that is not my strong point in any way!

Okay, on to the scrapbooking. I got one more page done last weekend. This one was pretty simple. I used some more of my Crew Kids Girl Simply Scrappin' Kit. The background is some of the patterned paper that comes in the kit. Even though it looks like I did a lot of paper piecing, I didn't. That is the design of the paper. So, after I mounted my photo on the Textured white and Basic Gray paper, I stamped my title in Wild Wasabi on Whisper White card stock using the Schoolbook Serif Alphabet. I decided to use the Whisper White, rather than the textured white because I wanted the solid stamped image, and not have the texture showing through. With all that was going on with the patterned paper, I didn't really want to add much more. I used one the die cuts tabs on my photo with the date on it and I used one of the strips underneath my journaling.

Even though I have a craft room, I have had my scrapbooking stuff on our dining room table this week. Partly because I had a friend over scrapping with me last Friday and I don't have room for two people to work in my craft room, but I also thought that maybe leaving it out where I could see it would help motivate me to work on more pages. Somehow that didn't really work. Now my hubby is a bit annoyed that the table has been covered in stamp stuff (and some Girl Scout stuff, too) for a week and we don't have anywhere to eat dinner. So today I will either scrapbook some more or clean it all up!


No comments: