Friday, June 27, 2008

Build-A-Flower Projects

I had a class last weekend using the Accents and Elements Build-A-Flower. I have wanted to have this class ever since I got a Build-A-Flower at Convention last summer as part of our make n' takes. Here are some of the projects we created.

This first project is one that was inspired by our convention make n' takes. At convention we created a 12 x12 scrapbook page. Not everyone is a scrapbooker, so I gave everyone a choice between creating the scrapbook page and creating an 8 x 10 page that they could frame. Everyone chose to create the 8 x 10.

This card is also one that was inspired by a project from Convention make n' takes. It's a 3 x 6 card.


I really love the way this card turned out. I think it is my favorite of all the projects for this class! The stem of the flowers is made using Pick a Petal. Before I inked the stamp I put tape over the half of the petal that I didn't want. Then I inked the stamp, removed tha tape and stamped my image.

The grass on this card and the photo layout above were made using a strip of Wild Wasabi cardstock that I snipped all the way across. I curled the edges a bit and removed a few of the "blades" to create a few open spaces.

We also decorated the tin and created a little purse. We used the Crop-A-Dile to punch holes in the edge of the tin (hinged edge should be the bottom of your purse) and used 5/8 in Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon for the handle. We also decorated the front with Designer Paper and flowers from the Build-A-Flower. We also used the Build-A-Brad to make the center of the flower. There are many pieces in the Build-A-Flower that is the perfect size for the Build-A-Brad.

For the last project of the class I had cut several sizes of Kraft Cardstock and let my class attendees use anything that was left in their tin (and there was plenty left!) to make cards. Here are two of the cards that I made. I also used sections of the background stamp Happiness on my cards.

My next class will be a Retirement Party! We will be giving a big send off to some of the sets that will be retiring at the end of this catalog. I will also have a special offer on retiring sets for those who attend my class. Space is limited, so email me today to resesrve your spot in this class!

Class is Saturday July 12th at 10 am and the cost is $12.



No comments: