Sunday, June 1, 2008

Scrapbooking


Here is another scrapbook page I have done for my daughter's scrapbook. I feel like I am making some progress! I have also cleaned my scrapbook stuff off the dining room table, so my husband is happy, too!

I used a sketch from Valerie Salmon's blog Got Sketch. I just recently discovered her blog and I am loving her sketches. I often use sketches when I need some inspiration on my layout, but I saw this sketch when I was perusing Valerie's blog and knew it would work for this picture that I had just gotten printed.

To create the large scallops on the left side of my page, I punched Rose Red Prints paper with my 1 3/8' circle punch. Then I lined them up side by side along the left edge of my paper. After I adhered the circles, I cut a strip of Always Artichoke 11/16" (half of the 1 3/8"). I've seen other samples with this technique, but this is the first time I tired it.

The large flower is from the On-Board Accents covered with Almost Amethyst Prints paper. I trace the shape of the flower onto the paper and cut out. (I turn the chipboard piece upside down and trace on the back of the paper, so that my pencil marks don't show.) I cover the back of the paper generously with a glue stick and adhere to the chipboard. After the glue has a chance to dry, I trim the execs paper with paper snips or craft knife, then I sand the edges smooth with a sanding block.

Supplies used for this page:
Schoolbook Serif Alpha
Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Real Red and So Saffron Card Stock
Real Red, Almost Amethyst and So Saffron Prints Designer Paper
Whisper White Craft Pad
Build A Flower, Build A Brad, On-board Accents
1 1/4" Circle Punch

No comments: