Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Stamps

I placed an order from the new catalog almost as soon as I could and my new stamps and accessories arrived yesterday! Of course, yesterday was one of the days that the UPS man did not arrive until after 5:30 pm and between dinner and going to a meeting at church last night, I didn't get to stamp with my new stuff yesterday. {sigh} I am tempted to ask the UPS man what it would take to change his route so that I am first! Here is a picture of all of the new things I got. The cardboard tubes are Decor Elements (more on that in a bit!)

I love that the new stamps are die cut! It only took me about 20 minutes to assemble 4 stamp sets. I didn't assemble the Hostess Set because I will be using that as a door prize at my fundraiser. The Calendar Alphabet took me longer to put together because there are so many little tiny pieces to put together (it's a mini alphabet).

I also got a chance to use my new stamps to create a card for Kazan's sketch over at 2 Sketches 4 You. To create my scallops, I punched circles from Pink Pirouette Patterns DSP with my 1 inch circle punch and attached them to a piece of Pink Pirouette textured card stock. The cupcake is from the new set Party Hearty. I colored the image with Regal Rose and Night of Navy markers. I layered the cupcake on a piece of Baja Breeze and put the whole thing on a Night of Navy card base. I stamped the greeting (also from Party Hearty) in Night of Navy ink using my Stamp-a-majig.

My other project this afternoon was using the Decor Elements. My husband and I have the same laptop (from the outside at least), so I got the Happiness Decor Elements and applied it to the front of my laptop so that we can tell them apart. We really haven't had a problem so far, so really it was just an excuse to play with Decor Elements! I debated about which way to put it on, but I finally decided to apply it so that it is right side up when the laptop is open.

4 comments:

kath said...

love all your new goodies and gorgeous card for the sketch - love that cutie cupcake
Love
Kath
xxx

Kazan Clark said...

Love those huge scallops and that cupcake stamp is darling :) Thanks for playing at 2S4Y this week :)

Lea L. said...

That little cupcake is just adorable! Love it! Great job with the sketch this week!

~lea

Joke said...

Lovely card and what a lot goodies, love them!

Joke