Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New Color Inspiration

Kristina posted a new color inspiration this morning and not only was I able to make a card, but I also made a scrapbook page! I made the card first and then I thought that my design would also work well as a scrapbook page using an adorable black and white photo of my daughter.


The colors that Kristina chose were Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red, Regal Rose and Whisper White. Up until now I have only been using Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red from the new In Colors, so I was excited to break out the Pacific Point! Now that I've used it, I am really liking it.


My card uses Pick a Petal and a Little Birthday Cheer stamp sets; Pacific Point, Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss; Rose Red and Regal Rose Card Stock; Kiwi Kiss Patterns DSP; Pacific Point Classic Ink; Whisper White Craft Ink; Regal Rose 1/4 inch Grosgrain; Rich Regals Brads; White Embossing Powder; Demensionals; 1/2 inch Circle Punch and Crafter's Tool Kit.


To make the flower centers, I punched 1/2 inch circles from Kiwi Kiss card stock then pierced a hole in the center of both the flower and the circle with the piercing tool from the Crafter's Tool Kit. I then inserted a Rose Red brad through both the circle and the flower. The flowers are attached to the card with Dimensionals.


My 8x8 scrapbook page uses most of the same materials but these flowers are on circles punched using the new 1 3/4 inch and the 1 3/8 inch Circle Punches. I also used the Taffy Alphabet for my title.


My hands a bit sore this evening from cutting all those the flowers and letters! When I am cutting out letters I always debate about cutting out the inside of letters like the e's and g in this layout. What do you do when cutting out letters?

6 comments:

Karla said...

Elizabeth these are so beautiful!!! nicely done, very clean cuts, awsome job. I really like it.

Pamela Smerker said...

sweet layout!

Sherri said...

Really cute card!

Shawntel said...

Your daughter is so cute! I love the card and the page! They are adorable! I love the green behind the brad in the flower! Nice detailing!!

zukesgirl said...

I like the card but I LOVE the scrapbook page -- what a dolly!!!

Great use of the colors!

Tracy

Savitri said...

Gorgeous card and page! Your daughter is precious!