Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Christmas Ornaments


Here are two Christmas ornaments I made today. They are quick and easy, so I plan on making bunches more of these for gifts. They are both made pretty much the same way, but the one on the left uses Rub-ons and the one on the right I put a picture of my cutie patootie. I even did a bit of recycling in this project!

I started the project by cutting some of the cardboard that comes in the Designer Paper packs (I always save this when I'm done with the paper, but you could also use the cardboard from a cereal box) into 3 1/2 inch squares. Then I cut some Designer Paper from the I Wish Simply Scrappin' Kit just a little bigger than 3 1/2 inches. (You can use any DSP, this is just the only Christmas-y DSP I had.) I would rather trim the excess than try and make everything line up exactly. Then I glued the designer paper to the cardboard with the Tombo Mono Multi. I am in love with this stuff! And to think I almost didn't buy it. I trimmed the excess DSP from the edges.

Next, I popped out the chipboard pieces from the On Board Something Seasonal and colored them with markers. This is something I just recently figured out. I used to use the stamp pad directly on my chipboard, but I ALWAYS made a huge mess and it was hard to get in all the little corners. Then one day I was working on a project and picked up the marker to get some spots that I missed and I thought to myself why not just use the marker to color the whole thing?

Next, I applied the Rub-ons or the photo cut to 2 1/2 inches square. I used the Word Flurries Rub ons. The photo is also glued on using the Tombo Mono Multi. Then I attached the chipboard using Glue Dots.
Finally, I used Sticky Strip to attach a loop of grosgrain ribbon to the back of the cardboard and then covered the back side with card stock (attached with Sticky Strip). On the photo ornament I also added brads before I covered the back.

I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did and remember that you can get all of the supplies to make these ornaments from me! Just click here or email me. Also, I will be reviewing the Tombo Mono Multi in my November newsletter so if you would like to learn more about this project, sign up for my newsletter using the sign up box on the top right of my blog.

No comments: