Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Patchwork Composition Book

I bought these mini composition books a few months ago when school supplies were on sale. I got them for 5 cents each! I got the idea for this cover here and I thought it was a fantastic idea since I always have tons of little scraps of designer paper left over. I already have a few other projects in mind using the designer paper patchwork.

Materials for this project are:
Composition book/notebook (any size)
Designer paper scraps (I used Stampin' Up!s Bella Rose)
Glue Stick
Wide grosgrain ribbon
Sticky Strip

1. Apply glue liberally to the cover of composition book.
2. Adhere scraps to notebook.
3. Trim excess paper from edges
4. Apply grosgrain ribbon to notebook spine with sticky strip.

I can't wait to make some more of these. I think that it took me more time write this blog post than it did to make the notebook! Want to learn how to make more gifts using Stampin' Up! products? Come to my gifts class on Saturday, October 25th. Email me today to register. Space is limited.

No comments: