Thursday, November 20, 2008

Altered Frame


This is a frame that I bought at the local craft store. It's made of MDF, so it has a nice smooth surface and at $1.99, it made for an inexpensive project. I used materials from the Summer Home Simply Scrappin' Kit to decorate the frame.


I started out by using my Chocolate Chip Craft pad to color the edges of the frame. I let that dry for a few days and then I started decorating. I measured the frame and cut my card stock to size and then I laid the frame over my card stock to trace the opening of the frame and cut it out with my paper snips. I sued the Tombow MonoMulti to adhere my card stock to the frame. Then I just decorated with elements from the kit.


Other than waiting for the Craft ink to dry, this was a very quick project. I might give it as a gift for Christmas, I haven't decided yet. (So, family that read this blog: if you get it, just act surprised!)

Materials for this project are: Summer Home Simply Scrappin' Kit; 1 1/4 Circle and 1 3/8 Circle punches; Craft Stampin' Pad; Old Olive and Chocolate Chip 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon; Silver Brads; Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments: