Thursday, November 6, 2008

Color Inspiration #29

It's that time of the week: time for another Color Inspiration from Kristina. It seems like I just posted the last one! My card for this week came together fairly easy and I was kind of surprised. I have to admit that I don't use Taken with Teal very often. I'm not sure that my marker has ever been used. It looked pretty brand spankin' new considering I've had it for more than five years. That is why I love these challenges, because they force me to use colors that I might not normally use.



I will share something I learned last year about the Stampin' Around Wheels. When you are using a wheel on a card, you don't need to use an ink cartridge! If you are going to make tons of the same card or wheel the whole card, you might want to use an ink cartridge. But for my card I just inked my wheel really well by rolling it on my Pacific Point stamp pad and then rolled across my card!


Materials for this card: Bitty Birthday stamp set; Happy Happy Birthday Jumbo Wheel; Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Taken with Teal and Whisper White card stock; Jet Black Staz-On and Pacific Point Classic stamp pad; Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie, and Taken with Teal Stampin' Write Markers; Blender Pens; Pumpkin Pie Striped Grosgrain Ribbon; Scallop Edge Punch; Stampin Dimensionals.

6 comments:

Butternut Sage Designs said...

WOW I can just see an 8 year old opening this card with glee! Fun and bright!

Savitri said...

What a fun card for a young one! Love it!!

Liz said...

Great job with the colour challenge! Love the text detail at the bottom.

Deanna said...

Super cute little card!

Jill said...

Great job on the challenge. I really like your layout. Cute card!

zukesgirl said...

VERY fun!