Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dollar Spot Project


I found these candles in a tin at the Target Dollar Spot. Not only were they in the Dollar Spot, but they were on clearance, so they were only 50 cents each! Now that these tins turned out so darn cute, I wish that I had bought more. They were so easy to decorate. I used the I Wish Simply Scrappin' Kit to Decorate my tin and some Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon. Here is what I did to decorate the tin:


1. Cut Designer Paper 8 1/2 x 3/4 inches and adhere to tin with Sticky Strip.

2. Trace lid on Old Olive Textured Card Stock and cut out. Adhere to lid with Tombow Multi-purpose Adhesive.

3. Decorate lid with self-adhesive die cuts from the I Wish Simply Scrappin' Kit.

4. Tie 14 inches of 1/4 inch wide Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon around the lid. I attached mine in a couple of spots with glue dots. You could also use Sticky Strip.


Here is a closer look at the top of the tin.


Don't forget you can order the I Wish Simply Scrappin' Kit and all of the other supplies I used to complete this project, by clicking here and then "SHOP NOW"!

No comments: