Sunday, November 23, 2008

Make Something Day

I came across this on another blog and I thought it was a great idea. The Friday after Thanksgiving is National Make Something Day! Rather than going out and buying gifts on the Friday after Thanksgiving, why not avoid all that craziness, stay home and make gifts for those you love. This will not be a sacrifice for me as I don't like crowds and I don't like waiting in line! I know that I will be working on teacher gifts, my Christmas cards and I want to try making some felt play food for my daughter.

Join Me for Make Something Day

If you don't know what to make, here are some ideas:
Dollar Spot Project
Christmas Ornaments
Patchwork Composition Book
Coaster Box
People also love to get packs of hand-made cards as gifts. You might be able to find a few ideas for those around here somewhere! {wink} One year I didn't give my aunts cards for their Christmas gifts and they said "Thanks for the gift, but where are our cards?" At least I never have to think about what to give them!

Will you be making any Christmas gifts this year? What's on you list of things to make this year?

No comments: