Monday, December 22, 2008

Patchwork Ornament

I got the idea for this ornament from Patty Bennett's blog. We made them at stamp club this month and everyone loved them.

I started with a round coaster that I have had sitting around for probably three years and then I colored the edge with my Chocolate Chip marker, so that the edge is not so noticeable. Then I covered both sides with Bella Rose designer paper. Even though it's not really a Christmas paper, I thought that the red, green and brown were Christmas-y. After I covered the coaster and trimmed the paper, I covered the front with one inch squares of the various patterns in the Bella Rose paper.

I was going to leave it with just the paper, but then I realized that the snowflake from the Word Flurries Rub-ons fit perfectly! I finished the ornament off with a Jumbo Brad and Kiwi Kiss grosgrain ribbon.

Don't forget that Dec 23rd is the last day to take advantage of FREE shipping and 10% off retired sets! Click here to place your order.

No comments: