Friday, December 19, 2008

Teacher Gifts

The last day of school was Wednesday, so now I can post the teacher gifts that I made for my daughter's preschool teachers and the Director and Assistant Director of the school. We love the school my daughter goes to and all of the staff is wonderful, so I really enjoyed making gifts for them.

I made each of them a set of monogram note cards. I used the same layout for each set and just changed the colors and Designer Paper. I used patterned papers that have retired that I still had. I also included a candle I found at the Target Dollar Spot and decorated with the I Wish Simply Scrappin' Kit. Finally I included a decorated notepad.

To create the skinny notepad, I bought a pack of 8 1/2 x 11 lined notepads (make sure you get ones that don't have the red lines down the right side) and then I took the to the copy shop and had them cut in half so that were 4 1/4 x 11. I decorated the notepad using the Summer Home Simply Scrappin Kit. I made a ribbon loop to hold a pen and attached it with Stick Strip.
I'm already on the lookout for ideas for end of the year gifts. What gifts did you make this year? I would love to see what you did.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I don't scrapbook but love looking at what you create. I love the idea of the skinny notepads-that's a great size to use! Did it cost a lot for the shop to cut? Could someplace like Office Max do it?

Elizabeth said...

Thanks, Carolyn! I got the notepads cut at Ofice Max. They charged me $3 to cut them, so I think I paid $12 for the notepads and cutting, but I got 24 skinny notepads.

The Keevy Family said...

I love this idea also! Is there a cover on the notebooks that you are bonding the paper to? The only notebooks this size I can think of have a binding without the spiral but don't have a cover. I would love to make up some of these for gifts!

Noreen said...

Here are links to lots of teacher gift ideas:

http://www.make-homemade-gifts.com/homemade-teacher-gifts.html

I hope you can find something you can use.