Friday, January 16, 2009

Color Inspiration

I really don't know where this week has gone. I think I spent most of it drooling over the new catalog! I've managed to make only one card this week for Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration. I'm very excited because tomorrow my husband and daughter will be gone for the day, so after my class tomorrow morning I am free to stamp the day away (uninterrupted)! Hopefully I'll get lots of projects done to share with you.

Here is my card for Kristina's Color Inspiration. Just like last week, I used a set I had borrowed from my mom and a technique I haven't used in a while. I used the set Fresh Cuts and Poppin' Pastels. It's been so long since I have made a card using the Poppin' Pastels technique, that I had to stop and think about where my pastels were! I used Ruby Red, Pretty in Pink and Pumpkin Pie pastels and sponge daubers to dab and blend after I stamped the image with VersaMark.


Materials for this card are: Fresh Cuts stamp set; Pretty in Pink, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White card stock; Pretty in Pink Classic ink; VersaMark pad; Stampin' Pastels; Pretty in Pink Grosgrain ribbon; Scallop Edge Punch; Stampin' Dimensionals.

5 comments:

Yankee in England said...

I love the tecnique you used. Lovely card!

Liz said...

What a beautiful card! I need to go back and try this technique again... I love how your card turned out!

Sherri said...

Very elegant & soft - lovely!!

KarenR said...

this is very clever - love what you've done

Purple D said...

How beautiful...such a romantic card!