Friday, January 9, 2009

New Catalog and a Color Inspiration

The new Idea Book and Catalog is almost here. I always look forward to getting the new catalog and seeing all of the new ideas and products that are in it. Plus all of the new stamp sets!

Would you like to have a new catalog for free? I will give you one for free, but I just ask that we have a short phone conversation first. If you would like for me to send you a new catalog all you need to do is email me with your name and phone number and the best time to call you.

Now on to the card. I was so sad to miss Kristina's Color Inspiration last week. The colors were so beautiful, but we were visiting family and I couldn't bring all of my stamping stuff with me. (Believe me, I tried to think of a way to bring enough stuff to be prepared for whatever the Inspiration was, but I would have had to leave hubby and daughter at home to fit it all in the car! ;)) But Kristina is back with another great Color Inspiration this week and I had a lot of fun making this card. I borrowed some stamp sets from my mom, so I had something new to play with!

I used this month's sketch from Sheet Load of Cards and I also used a couple of techniques I haven't used in a while on this card. First, I crumpled the Baja Breeze layer and then I used the stamp pad to apply ink randomly to the card stock. On the stamped image I inked up the stamp with Baja Breeze and then I took my Stipple Brush and dabbed on some Chocolate Chip ink around the edges.


Materials for this card are: Happiness is a Journey stamp set; Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White card stock; Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip Classic ink; Bella Rose DSP; Silver Brads; Hemp Twine; Stampin' Demensionals; Crafter's Tool Kit; Stipple Brush.

5 comments:

nelliemaeii said...

I love this train and the great quote!! Nice job!!!

Leigh said...

I absolutely love this card. It's fantastic. That train stamp is fabulous.

Sherri said...

Beautifully done!

SmilynStef said...

Love that cool train.

Vera said...

Wonderful card! Great layout for the train image!