Wednesday, February 11, 2009

School Valentine's

Today I want to share the Valentine's I made for my daughter's class. First, thought, I want to share something else I've been working on.
I cleaned my desk! I have been needing to clean for a while now. I haven't seen this much of the surface of my desk in a really long time. It did make working on the Valentine's more enjoyable and it made me want to clean up after I was finished working. That would be the reason why my desk was a mess in the first place!

I wasn't going to make Valentine's for my daughter's classmates. At least not stamped ones. I had seen some cute printable ones, so I thought I might use those. Her teacher gave the parents a list of the children's names this morning, so Valentine's were on my mind while I was on my way to the dollar store. (I got some great stuff for stamping there that you'll see next week!) I came up with the idea for these Valentine's while driving, so I decided that I would stamp Valentine's.


They are pretty simple and they did not take long to make 13. I used Wild About You and since I didn't have a Happy Valentine's Day stamp, I used the retired Write Me a Memory font to print it out on Whisper White card stock and punched out with the circle punch.



Materials for the cards are: Wild About You stamp set; Regal Rose, Rose Red, Almost Amethyst, Old Olive and Whisper White card stock; Regal Rose, Almost Amethyst and Night of Navy Classic Stamp Pads; 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 Circle Punches; Metallic Eyelets; Crop A Dile; Write Me a Memory Cd (Retired).
Friday, I will have the cards I made for her teachers, so stay tuned!

No comments: