Monday, March 30, 2009

Dollar Store Finds

I mentioned a while back that I found some cool stuff at the dollar store that I was planning to use for stamping projects. I thought I would share two of them with you today. I have one more thing that I haven't used yet, but I've got an idea of what I want to do with it, and one other thing I bought and used to make a hostess gift at a workshop, so I don't have a picture of that one.

This is a neat little candle in a tin. It's an unscented candle which I like. I just jazzed it up with the Bright Delights rub-ons and I punched some Kiwi Kiss textured card stock with the 1 3/4 inch circle punch to cover up the label that is on the lid.

I also picked up this mug and used the Bright Delight rub-ons with it. This would make a great teacher gift filled with candy. Just remember that if you use rub-ons with dishware, you need to hand wash them. Detergent for your dishwasher is too abrasive and eventually the rub-ons will wear off.

No comments: