Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Father's Day Cards

I have been having some trouble creating Father's Day cards this year. I realized that I really don't have many masculine stamps. I've gone into my stamp room several times in the last week with the intention of making Father's Day cards only to leave frustrated. Well, today was the day the cards had to go in the mail. I ended up in a race to beat the mailman and I just barely managed to beat him to the mail box. Literally, as I turned from the mail box to go back into the house, the mailman was pulling up to the neighbor's house!

Inspiration finally struck this afternoon! I spent this morning designing cards for my Birthday Stamp-A-Stack this weekend and the set Party Hearty was still on my desk. I looked at my desk and say the "Celebrate You" stamp from the set and thought "Ah Ha! that will work!" Then I decided to stamp Dad using the Big Deal alphabet (which is retiring) and my Father's Day cards were born! (Don't worry, Honey. I'm making you a different card.)



Materials for this card: Big Deal Alphabet, Party Hearty stamp sets; Kraft, Bashful Blue and Whisper White card stock; Real Red and Kiwi Kiss Classic Stampin' Pads; 1 3/4 inch Circle Punch; Kiwi Kiss stripped grosgrain ribbon; Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments: