Friday, July 17, 2009

Bears on the card and in real life


So little did I know that when I made this card, there would be real bears in our neighborhood. Now we don't live where there would normally be bears, we live in a city. I'll admit that our lots are pretty wooded for being in the city, and we do get wildlife (we have a lot of deer come through the yard) but never bears!

I just recently got this set Under the Stars. I've always thought it was cute and I am teaching a paper bag scrapbook class at a Girl Scout Leaders retreat, so I thought this set would be so perfect for the class! I haven't started designing my scrapbook yet, but I thought that I would play with it a little to see what I could come up with.

Since it's camp season, I thought I would make a card that kids could send home from camp. Do kids even send letters home from camp anymore? Do the just send email these days?

Anyway, the materials for this card are: Under the Stars, Woodgrain, Calendar Alphabet, Taffy Alphabet stamp sets; Always Artichoke, Night of Navy, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Real Red and Whisper White card stock; Always Artichoke, Real Red, Night of Navy and Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pads; VersaMarker; Hemp Twine.

No comments: