Friday, August 7, 2009

2 Sketches Card

I'm back! I know I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy with other things. Mostly, It's just that it's summer and I've been working less. If I am working, then I've been doing work that's not blog related. Also, my daughter decided that two weeks before her second birthday she would start climbing out of the crib so that added a little stress to my life, but now we've got her happily sleeping on a mattress on the floor.




It's been a while since I've done a card from 2 Sketches 4 You, so I thought I'd give this week's sketch a try. I really love the Medallion stamp and for this card, I stamped it in Old Olive Craft Ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I used the saying from Fifth Avenue Floral because I like it so much. That is stamped on a tags cut from the Lots of Tags Sizzlets die. I added a Clear Rhinestone Brad to the center of my knot. (I used my Craft and Rubber Scissors to cut off the prongs and attached it with a glue dot.)

I just recently bought the Clear Rhinestone Brads for the first time and I really don't know why I waited so long. I love to use them!

Materials for this card are: Medallion and Fifth Avenue Floral stamp sets; Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Almost Amethyst and Whisper White card stock; Old Olive Craft Stampin' Pad; Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad; Clear Embossing Powder; 5/8 inch Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon; Clear Rhinestone Brads; Big Shot and Lots of Tags Sizzlet; Stampin' Dimensionals; Glue Dots.

4 comments:

dannisdoodles said...

could NOT love your quote more, such a beautiful card!

cheryln said...

gorgeous! love the quote!

Kazan Clark said...

I think that will be my new mantra in life - I try to live that way anyway but how cute to put it into a neat little saying :) Lovely card!
Thanks for the inspiration
:) Kazan

Allison said...

Simple but striking...lovely!