Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cards for a Cure

It's time once again for my Cards for a Cure fundraiser to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! Mark your calendar for October 3rd from 1-4 pm. We'll be stamping the afternoon away and raising money for a good cause!

I got involved with supporting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society about four years ago through our friend Kelly Linderman. Kelly was diagnosed with Recurrent Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 1997. I learned from Kelly that we need to celebrate even the littlest moments in life. When my life gets hectic and I am feeling overwhelmed I think of Kelly and that in the end, it's not going to matter how many loads of laundry I did today or whether dinner was made from scratch. What matters is spending time with the those we love and celebrating life.

Kelly lost her battle with Lymphoma in 2007. Please help me continue to fight to find a cure for cancer by attending the Cards for a Cure event. We'll be making ten cards for $25 and $10 of your fee will be donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Cards for a Cure
Saturday, October 3rd
1-4 pm
Redeemer Presbyterian Church
1046 Miller Street
Winston-Salem, NC
Registration deadline is September 23rd
Register Now

No comments: