Monday, November 9, 2009

I can make that party!

Chris over at Just a Girl is hosting an "I can make that!" party with all kinds of great gift ideas to make. I can't wait to see what everyone else has made! But first I have to go do the grocery shopping, so I guess that will have to wait.

Here is what I made for the party:

I have had this idea in my head since I made these for Mother's Day gifts and I decided that now was the time to finally make it. I kid you not this project took me less than 30 minutes to make! (Well, except for looking for the image to use. I did that on another day.)

Here is what you need for this project:

Picture frame (I used an 8x8 frame.)

Patterned scrapbook paper

Coordinating card stock

Glue or other permanent adhesive

Temporary adhesive (optional)

Pencil

Image

Here is what you do:

1. Find an image you want to make into a silhouette. I found mine on Microsoft's online clip art site.

2. Cut out the image.

3. Turn your image over and trace it on the back of your patterned scrapbook paper and cut out. You may want to stick your image down with temporary adhesive while you are tracing to keep it from shifting. Tracing on the back means you won't have to erase any stray pencil marks.

4. Cut a piece of coordinating card stock to the size of your frame.

5. Glue your silhouette onto the card stock and put it in the frame.


I already had the frame and, of course, I have plenty of scrapbook paper and card stock in my craft stash, so this didn't cost me anything to make, but even if you had to buy the supplies, you should be able to get them for minimal cost.

Materials for this project: Orchid Opulence card stock; Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper. You can order these products here.

5 comments:

Sherri S said...

So very adorable! Great for a child's room. Any type shape would do!

Shannon said...

very cute. Love the elephant!

Katie said...

cute idea. This would be great in my boys room.

tales from an oc cottage said...

Oh very cute!

m ^..^

Chris said...

I love an easy project that is so, so cute to give as a present! Thank you for linking up!