Monday, January 17, 2011

Valentine's Art

I've been checking out a lot of crafty blogs lately and I really want to start making more holiday decorations.  I found a bunch of cute Halloween crafts, but I ran out of time before Halloween, so on to other holidays!  I got the chance to spend a few hours crafting this weekend which I really needed since we had snow this week and my daughter only went to school one day last week!


I have had this idea in my head for a while.  It came to me one night when I couldn't get to sleep.  I had thought about making it with felt originally, but then I decided to try paper because I didn't really like the selection of felt at the craft store and I already had all the supplies I ended up using (other than the frames).

And can I say there was not much of a selection of white frames.  I thought that was a little crazy.  I love the larger frame, but I didn't have much of a choice for a 5 x 7 frame.  I may have to keep my eye out for a new 5 x 7 frame. 

My original thought was to put "Love" at the bottom of the larger piece, but once I had positioned all of the hearts, I realized I didn't have any room for the letters.  I liked the way all the hearts looked and didn't want to reposition to make room for the letters, so I decided to make a second piece.

Now I want to create pieces for all the holidays and change them out!

Materials for these projects are:
Various scrapbook papers from Stampin' Up! (almost all are retired); Big Shot; Hearts and Brackets die; Go Go Boots Sizzlet Alpha; Loops and Rick-Rack sizzlet; Heart punch from Stampin' Up!; Basic Grey card stock.  Frames are from the craft store.

monogram

Today's Creative Blog
giveaways

5 comments:

southernscraps said...

Adorable art!

Amanda said...

This is really cute!

Simply Domestic said...

I love both of them! Too cute!

Kathleen said...

Simple and cute! Love it. Thanks for sharing.

Claire said...

Super cute-found you on a blog hop and now I'm a follower! Come over to visit!!-Claire