Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Art


This project was inspired by another blog post on how to make a hair bow. I read the tutorial and thought, "Hey, that would be so cute using scrapbook paper!" I made one flower using the directions for the hair bow, but that didn't work out well, so I changed the method just a bit to get the perfect flower.

To make the flower you will need:
8 strips of paper 4" x 1/2"
8 strips of paper 3" x 1/2"
Card stock circle ( I used a piece punched with a 1 3/8 circle punch)
Button

Glue the cut ends of the paper together. Loop them over but don't crease. I used Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive and used clothes pins to keep the ends together until they dried. Glue the longer pieces around the outside edge of the card stock circle.


Glue the smaller pieces on top in between the other loops. Use a glue dot to secure a button on top.


No comments: